Welcome to Christmas in Cooroy
Christmas in Cooroy is a free community event hosted by the Cooroy Chamber of Commerce & the Rotary Club of Cooroy and generously supported by our many Sponsors.
Free Rides & Amusements
- Bouncy Castles – thanks to the Cooroy Rag
- Giant Slides – thanks to the Cooroy Rag
- Face Painting – thanks to CJ Taxation
- Sack Races – thanks to Cooroy Fish n Chips
- Animal Farm – thanks to John Madill Toyota
- 4WD Mini Jeeps – thanks to Madill Holden
- Free Popcorn – thanks to The Leather Doctor
- + Many More
- Bendigo Bank Street Parade
- Hinterland Plumbing Group Santa Race
- Cooroy Fish ‘n’ Chips Sack Races
- Cooroy Shop Window Trail
- Hinterland Dental East v West Tug-of-War
- Mower & ATV Solutions Rover Ride On Mower Raffle
Mower & ATV Rover Ride On Mower Raffle
1st Prize: Rover Lawn King 20/42 Ride On Mower – Valued at $3899
2nd Prize: Rover Brush Cutter
3rd Prize: Rover Jet Blower
Christmas Lights & Decorations
- The Ricon Christmas Tree – the BEST tree on the Sunshine Coast
- The Cooroy Pest Control Clock Tower
- The illuminated Maple Street decorations
- The Many other Shops & Businesses on the Shop Window Trail decked out for the Occasion
Bendigo Bank Street Parade
- 2016 Best Float Winner – Cooroy Pomona Uniting Church – ‘Noah’s Ark’
- 2017 Theme is TBA
- Starts 5pm Saturday 2nd December
- Enter a Float for your Business, Club, School or Group
- More than 40 Floats each Year
- Watch Out for the Water!
Entertainment Throughout the Day
- Fireworks – Sponsored by Club Cooroy RSL
- Live Music – Sponsored by Cooroy SUPA IGA
- Carols from a Local Choir
- Tug of War – Sponsored by Hinterland Dental
- 20 + Food Stalls & Amusements
- Bar – Sponsored by The Cooroy Hotel
Hinterland Plumbing Group Santa Race
- 4.30pm Saturday 2nd December 2017
- First prize (Male): $TBA
- First prize (Female): $TBA
- Second prize: $TBA
- Third prize: $TBA
- Plus five random draws: $TBA
DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS IN COOROY 2017
Christmas in Cooroy is a free community event hosted by the Cooroy Chamber of Commerce & the Rotary Club of Cooroy and generously supported by our many Sponsors and Volunteers.
Held on the first weekend of December, 2017 will be the 13th Year of Christmas in Cooroy – Come on down to the Hinterland to the biggest community organised Christmas event on the Sunshine Coast. Check out the program of events for 2017 -TBF
The Christmas in Cooroy celebrations kick off with the Carols and the lighting of the Ricon Christmas Tree, outside Cooroy RSL @ from 6.30pm – Wrap up – it’s likely to Snow!
The main Christmas in Cooroy events start on Saturday afternoon down around Apex Park, opposite the library with the Cooroy Fish ‘n’ Chips Sack Races and the Cooroy Rag Free Rides, and Amusements Plus the John Madill Toyota Animal Farm and the Madill Holden 4WD Mini Jeeps from 4pm.
The always eagerly anticipated and hotly contested Noosa to Hinterland Plumbing Group Santa Race starts @ 4.30pm with 100+ Santas dashing up Maple Street to win a share of over $2000 in prize money!
The Bendigo Bank Street Parade starts at 5pm with 40+ floats from local clubs, groups and businesses decorated in the years Christmas in Cooroy theme – making their way through a crowd of thousands up and down Maple Street – look out for the Water!
Immediately after the Bendigo Bank Street Parade, we all move to Apex Park for an evening of Free Entertainment including:
Hinterland Dental East v West Tug of War
Cooroy RSL Fireworks at 7.15pm
Cooroy SUPA IGA Live Music